We are seeking a self-motivated and highly organized Research Technician to join Dr. Ai Ing Lim's laboratory at Princeton University. The Lim group aims to understand how maternal infections educate offspring immune system and reciprocally, how maternal immunity adapt to pregnancy and lactation.
This position is focused on supporting research projects and involves light administrative responsibilities related to ordering, lab safety, and animal study protocols. Occasionally, flexible hours is required to ensure research needs with appropriate timelines. By supporting the science, this position will allow the candidate to build their laboratory and scientific skills, contribute to manuscript and interact with all personnel in a manner which promotes a professional team work environment .
This position is available starting September/October 2022 with a negotiable start date.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biological Science or another directly related scientific field
- At least one year of hands-on experience working in a biology research lab; or extensive and self-driven undergraduate thesis-level lab experience will also be considered
- Ability to plan, coordinate, perform independent research
- Flexibility to adapt to the research needs of the lab, ability to work as a part of a collaborative research team
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Effective time-management
- Experience working with mouse models is preferred
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW