The Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering at Princeton University is seeking a full-time (term appointment) research specialist, to work under the supervision of Dr. Jose Avalos. The research specialist must a dedicated team player with several years of lab managerial experience, and interest in learning new techniques. The research specialist will participate in several aspects of research projects involving molecular biology, protein expression, protein purification, and protein crystallography. The research specialist must be able to work in teams and independently, and assist in student training.
* Prepare lab reagents for molecular biology, microbiology, protein expression, protein purification, and protein crystallization
* Chromatographic analysis
* Execute crystallization screens
* Aid with organizing and managing lab collections of microbial strains, as well as molecular biology reagent.
* Lab managerial tasks, including maintain laboratory inventory, order supplies
* Independent research projects
* Train students in basic laboratory techniques
* Maintain laboratory equipment
* Strong organizational and managerial skills
* Meticulous record keeping skills
* Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
* Basic laboratory skills in molecular biology, protein purification, protein crystallization, and chromatographic techniques.
* Ability to assist in student training
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW