The Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Program at Princeton University seeks a research specialist in Geophysical Fluid Dynamics to analyze and execute numerical simulations addressing open questions regarding the behavior of Rossby waves in shear zones.
Develop, code and run numerical model simulations of Rossby wave propagation, and analyze the results from the numerical simulations in the context of theoretical expectations. Under the guidance of senior scientists, the candidate will compile the results in a publication-ready report.
- Master's degree, preferably with a major in atmospheric sciences or geophysical fluid dynamics.
- Proficiency with Matlab.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Evidence of ability to take the initiative in solving research problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- An in-depth understanding of Rossby wave propagation.
- Previous research experience.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW