The Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics seeks applicants for a research technician (Research Specialist I) to provide technical support to the Genomics Core Facility by preparing samples and running the high-throughput sequencers.
This will be a one-year full-time term position, with the possibility of renewal contingent upon continued funding availability and satisfactory job performance. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will start as soon as possible.
Specific duties include:
- Preparation of sequencing libraries using molecular biology techniques.
- Sample receiving, tracking, and management.
- Quality control of input samples and sequencing libraries.
- Operation of Next-Generation sequencers and other instruments.
- Other lab tasks as assigned.
- Experience in molecular biology.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a meticulous laboratory notebook.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor's in biological sciences or related field.
- Experience with Illumina and/or Ion Torrent Sequencers.
- Experience with teaching or training others in a laboratory setting.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW